Ownership & Contact Info
Whois identifies Advanced Internet Services as
Advanced Internet Services NETBLK-AISI-BLK-206-84
4963 Stahl Rd., Suite 100
San Antonio, TX 78217
Netblock: 184.108.40.206 - 220.127.116.11
Lindley, Robert rlindley@AISI.NET
210.599.0799 (FAX) 210.599.0869
Record last updated on 29-Sep-96.
Database last updated on 2-Sep-97 05:14:00 EDT.
- 3 Sept 1997: Added to spam tracking list.
- 10 Sept 1997: Automated reports were accidentally mailed to
ais.net instead of aisi.net. My apologies to ais for the error. There
is no connection between ais.net and aisi.net.
- 12 Sept 1997: AISI informs me that they have disabled posting
permissions of the spammer.
- 15 Sept 1997: Supernews admins inform me
that the AISI spammers are attempting to relay spam off of Supernews
To report spam, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
A complete history may also be available.
- Only a small subset of usenet (261 groups) was sampled. Only
articles that hadn't been cancelled yet were counted. Actual
spam may have been much greater.
- Heuristics that detect single-posted articles are, by their very
nature, somewhat shaky. Innocent articles may be tagged as spam
because they share certain characteristics or keywords with
actual spam. In particular, a posted spam complaint that includes
the spam in its entirety will very often be identified as spam.
- Some posts may be forgeries intended to look like they came
- The first entry in the history file is not used to compute peak
or average spam counts, as this entry covers an unknown number of days.
This may cause an apparent disreprency between spam totals and spam
Return to top |
Return to spam summaries |
The opinions expressed on this page are solely those of Ed Falk and do
not necessarily represent those of any other organization, (although I
hope they do). I wish to thank Rahul.net for hosting this web page.
This page maintained by