Overview of spam from Web877.com
15 Feb 2006
Note: Automated spam monitoring stopped several years
ago. These web pages are maintained for historical reasons. Some
may be updated from time to time as news about the individual sites
No spam today
General information about Web877.com
Dedicated spam server. See netnews article
attack on Usenet"
Web877 is used primarily to post spam ads for adultserv.net. According
to Lysander Spooner, Web877 posted two gigabytes of spam in a three-day
Aliases & Connections:
- Web877.com, 6705 Hwy 290 West Suite 502-212, Austin, TX 78735.
- Adultserv.net, 6705 Hwy 290 West Suite 502-212, Austin, TX 78735.
512-891-5972 Fax- 512-891-5716
- LCI INTERNET, 6626 Silvermine Dr Ste 700, AUSTIN, TX 78736
James McCreary, 512-301-4955 (FAX) 512-301-4916
- McCreary, James, Dominated, P.O. Box 3212,
Bryan, TX 77805, webmaster@DOMINATED.COM, 888-856-2612
- webmaster@SMUTFILES.COM, 888-856-2612
- webmaster@TITTY.COM, 888-856-2612
- webmaster@DRBEAVER.COM, 888-856-2612
- McCreary, James, james@DOMINATED.COM, LCI INTERNET, INC,
515 E. Grant Rd. Suite 141-255, TUCSON, AZ 85705.
(520)791-9054 (FAX) (520)791-9033
- McCreary, James, jrm@TAMU.EDU, L M W Consultants, Inc,
838 East Greens Road, Suite 110, Houston, TX 77060, (713) 445-0301
- firstname.lastname@example.org (James McCreary),TCA Communications, Inc. (TCAC-DOM),
700 University Drive East, #108,
College Station TX 77840, TX 77840
- LMW Consultants
- Lawrence (Larry) M. Wojtowicz., email@example.com
Connectivity provided by Swbell.net
To report spam, contact one or more of
A complete history may also be available.
- Only a small subset of usenet (261 groups) was sampled. Only
articles that hadn't been cancelled yet were counted. Actual
spam may have been much greater.
- Heuristics that detect single-posted articles are, by their very
nature, somewhat shaky. Innocent articles may be tagged as spam
because they share certain characteristics or keywords with
actual spam. In particular, a posted spam complaint that includes
the spam in its entirety will very often be identified as spam.
- Some posts may be forgeries intended to look like they came
- The first entry in the history file is not used to compute peak
or average spam counts, as this entry covers an unknown number of days.
This may cause an apparent disreprency between spam totals and spam
Return to top |
Return to spam summaries |
The opinions expressed on this page are solely those of Ed Falk and do
not necessarily represent those of any other organization, (although I
hope they do). I wish to thank Rahul.net for hosting this web page.
This page maintained by