Overview of spam for 7 Jun 2012
There were no sites today with Breidbart Index greater than 20
Parameters of the search are:
- 427 sample groups with "binaries", "sex", "picture", "women"
or "sports" in the title, plus selected alt, rec and soc groups.
- Crossposted to 6 or more newsgroups, or with selected criteria.
- Posted since my last report.
- This site suffered a disk crash on 13 Oct 1999, and all history
data was lost. Numbers displayed here reflect only spam received
since 13 Oct 1999.
- Only a small subset of usenet (261 groups) is sampled. Only
articles that haven't been cancelled yet are counted. Actual
spam may be much greater.
- Some posts may be forgeries intended to look like they came
from a given site.
- These reports are automatically generated according to search parameters
which I am continuously tuning and re-tuning. It is always possible
that a legitimate post will be mis-identified as spam, or that spam
will be missed. If you feel that either of these circumstances
apply, especially the former, please
contact me. Be sure to
include full headers of the article you feel was mis-identified.
- It is often a subjective decision as to what constitutes spam and
what does not. For example, suppose a phone-sex spammer includes a porn
image at the end of every ad. If the ad is the same every time, but
the image is different, does this constitute spam? My current software
cannot tell the difference.
- The first entry in the history file is not used to compute peak
or average spam counts, as this entry covers an unknown number of days.
This may cause an apparent disreprency between spam totals and spam
- The phrase "Total of all sites" refers to
all sites being monitored, which is more than the sites listed but
fewer than all the sites on the internet.
See the top level page
Back to top |
NoCeM report (long!)
The opinions expressed on this page are solely those of Ed Falk and do
not necessarily represent those of any other organization, (although I
hope they do). I wish to thank Rahul.net for hosting this web page.
This page maintained by