In this document "we" and "our" refers to a2i communications.
1. SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS, AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
2. Customer agrees to take reasonable steps to remain aware of official announcements made by a2i. Customer shall for this purpose use at least one of the available mechanisms, which include: reading postings in the a2i.announce newsgroup via Newsreader software; subscribing to receive the announcements by email; consulting the announcements via a web browser; or using the 'a2inews' command from the UNIX shell to read the announcements directly.
3. Customer shall be subject to these Terms of Service as they may be posted by a2i in revised form from time to time.
4. Customer agrees to take reasonable steps to avoid contributing to the growing problem of unsolicited email on the Internet.
5. Usenet "spamming" is prohibited, defined as follows: "Five or more physically distinct Usenet postings, with substantially identical content, posted within a period of ten days."
6. Customer agrees to abide by Usenet netiquette as documented in various postings in news.announce.newusers and news.answers.
7. There is a growing trend for many Usenet and Internet users to promulgate moneymaking schemes. Many such schemes are of dubious value, and some may be illegal. Customer agrees to take reasonable steps to avoid contributing towards this problem. The use of a2i resources for supporting or promulgating any multilevel marketing scheme or moneymaking pyramid scheme that involves four or more levels is prohibited whether or not the scheme has been proven to be illegal.
8. Customer agrees to not obtain or use any account at any other service provider for the purpose of committing network abuse that is prohibited by these terms of service.
9. It is understood that the a2i machines and networking equipment are accessible from the global Internet. They are not behind any firewall and are not intended for high-security use.
10. Customer supplies any confidential information to a2i or stores or transmits confidential information on a2i equipment entirely at customer's own risk.
11. Customer agrees that a2i staff may examine files, documents, materials, information, data, or network packets, stored on a2i machines or transmitted via a2i equipment, as needed to perform administrative or technical duties or to investigate suspected system intrusions.
12. We reserve the right to suspend or cancel, without notice, the account of any customer who violates these terms of service, and to make the customer's identity and contact information available to any persons who may have been harmed or inconvenienced by customer's actions.
13. Customer agrees that if customer's account is not fully paid up but customer continues to use it, customer will be required to pay for all features included with the account and for all usage of the account at our published rates.
$Id: tos.html,v 1.20 2002/04/16 15:11:12 rdroot Exp $
$Source: /home/ldhesi/Work/rahul.net-www/RCS/tos.html,v $