Recommended Web Sites
I've found the following sites interesting and/or informative.
- Peninsula Bible Church (Palo Alto, California) publishes an extensive archive of sermon transcripts and theological papers, among other resources.
- Positive & Encouraging K-LOVE is a listener-supported network of radio stations, broadcasting Christian music and commentary. A list of broadcast locations and radio frequencies is available on their web site.
Resources for CSB Programs
I maintain a separate list for Derby Resources. The following sites will be of more general interest to CSB (and other youth program) leaders.
- Christian Service Brigade (CSB) is a discipling ministry dedicated to raising up the next generation of Christian leaders.
- SCOUTER NetCompass is a central directory of various online scouting resources.
- Boy Scouts of America provides various general resources, in addition to BSA-specific information.
- 42nd Brighton (Saltdean) Scout Group, UK publishes especially helpful animated knot illustrations, among other resources.
- City Farmer's Urban Agriculture Notes provides much information about gardening, including their vermicomposting article, Composting With Red Wiggler Worms.
- FlowerField Enterprises was founded by Mary Appelhof (1936–2005), author of Worms Eat My Garbage. This book is one I recommend in My Gardening Page.
- Official Site of Square Foot Gardening provides information about the gardening techniques described in Mel Bartholomew's Square Foot Gardening. This book is one I recommend in My Gardening Page.
- Nichols Garden Nursery
Territorial Seed Company are two excellent seed companies with online catalogs. Both carry seed that grows well in our mild coastal climate.
- Gardener's Supply Company is a great company for ordering gardening equipment and supplies.
Resources for Web Authors
- The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is an international consortium that develops Web standards. Unfortunately, much of the information here is very technical, and therefore difficult for novices to understand.
- The Web Design Group (WDG) was founded to promote the creation of creative, informative, browser-independent, and resolution-independent web sites that are accessible to all users worldwide. The WDG offers references, guides, online tools, and other resources. (I have been a WDG member since 1998, and maintain the WDG's Web Authoring FAQ.)
- The Alertbox: Current Issues in Web Usability is Jakob Nielsen's informative column on web usability.
- Hints for Web Authors takes web authors back to the basics and builds from there.
- 10 Big Myths about Copyright Explained addresses what copyright means, and what it doesn't mean.
- Dan's Web Tips is an assortment of excellent advice from Dan Tobias.
- Scotts Valley Technical Sales is my brother's manufacturers representative company, which focuses on components in the optical, niche semiconductor, and military markets.
- Wisely Real Estate & Auctions is my cousin's husband's real estate and auction business.